Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September Goal: Revised

September Goal: Ollie  (Insert name of super cool trick here) on a Skateboard Longboard

To Do List:
1) Buy  Converse Sneakers Helmet (Need the brain to be in tip-top shape in order to build those "highways". Much more important than shoes. Plus: must find out if cool kids still wear converse).  
New helmet: sturdy and fireproof!
2) Find Skateboarding  Longboarding Coach
3) Get skateboard Longboard
4) Figure out what the h an ollie is  a super cool trick on a longboard is.

big stick: I will use as break. Foolproof
So, there's a slight change in plans. Perhaps I can add "embracing change" to my September goal. You see,  I've met my new coach (I can't believe I have a coach. I feel like an Olympian!) His name is Randy Karr and he owns 10 Foot Touque, a one-of-a-kind store on Central Ave in PA that specializes in board sports (kiteboarding, skim boarding, and longboarding).  When I inquired about skateboarding lessons, Randy quickly re-directed me towards the longboards, and assured me that longboarding was the way to go. Apparently longboarders can use a big stick thing (the technical term) to steer and assist with tricks (I could definitely envision myself using this big stick as a break). Breaks are good. SOLD. Let's Longboard! Lessons start tomorrow. I've been wearing my helmet all night in anticipation. So excited...

2 comments:

  1. And boy is it a snazzy looking helmet. . . let me tell you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First day out and you almost landed a 180 body verial........i see some mad potential with this one.

    ReplyDelete