Thursday, April 12, 2012

Binge drinking, financial planning, and worshipping aliens: All fantastic suggestions!

My buddy, Thtathey Weber. Thank gawd that frontal lisp has resolved. 
As I discussed my blog with my buddy, Stacey Weber yesterday (this guy turned out pretty good considering his parents named him "Stacey" and he had a frontal lisp as a child), he commented, "Kirstie, it sounds like you actually think that you're on your own reality show?" haha. Yep. I explained to him that it was my version of starring in my own reality show. I mean, I now have 31 followers! 31! That means that at least 31 people are "watching" me. "Watch this! Look at this!" Typically, the only people who watch me are my parents (as parents, they are obligated) and Ev (it was in our wedding vows). I'd say that I'm doing pretty well. :)

I am aware; however, that the format of blogger does not make it easy for people to "follow" me or to comment on my posts. I'm working on changing this. Although few comments actually appear on my blog, I do receive quite a few facebook comments and personal emails about my blog. It's awesome! I love it! It's like fan mail! whoot whoot!

A few of those comments have been suggestions regarding possible goals for upcoming months. I've decided to share my favorite suggestions provided to me by my "fans." :) Thanks guys!

1) Booze Binge for 1 month straight - How exciting! Drink each and every day and see if I can continue functioning as a speech therapist, wife, and pet parent. Monitor my liver function throughout the experience and report back. Hmmm....could be fun for a few days, but...isn't that called "alcoholism?"


2) Participate in risky behavior month - risky behaviors may include: "dappling" in crystal meth, participating in unprotected sex with my husband, running with scissors, and entering "patient on precautions" rooms without gloving, gowning or even isogeling my hands afterward. Wow...thrilling...but...gross.


3) Being responsible for our finances month: duties include creating a monthly budget, paying bills, and filling out our tax return. I just puked in my mouth. I would rather participate in Risky Behavior month for multiple months and work in the hospital barefoot than do this. Seriously.  


4) Having a baby - Well, why not?!  Document the conception, the pregnancy, and the birth. Wow, great suggestion; however, I feel as though providing exciting reading entertainment for others is not a good enough reason to have a baby. Thanks though!


5) Sell it all and travel the world in an RV - Write about all the exciting places and people along the way. You know what? I LOVE this idea. I fantasize about his one. I actually saw it on House Hunters International. I want to be friends with these people. Perhaps Ev can facestalk them (just as he did with Drew) and next year we will be holidaying with the Wynns?


6) Become a Scientologist...but just for a month - hover near the "Hall of Scientologists," patiently wait for the mothership to arrive, hop on a plane with Travolta - find out all the scientology secrets and report back. Write a book about it. Interesting. I'm sure it's NEVER been done before. In fact, someone once threw this dare out to Katie Holmes and look where it got her. 


Stellar suggestions! Keep 'em coming! I'm not, by the way, avoiding cleaning my car. Tomorrow is the day. I'm going to Canadian Tire to buy the cleaning supplies. The Grand Am can barely contain itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment